tenso, inc. and Tenso UK Ltd.'s Position on Personal Information Protection
tenso, inc. and Tenso UK Ltd. (together referred to as the "Company") aims at creating an environment in which customers around the world can readily obtain Japanese products.
The Company handles a range of personal information, including information about customers and clients, as part of its business activities.
As a business entity that handles the personal information of customers and clients who uses its services, the Company recognizes the importance of protecting personal information. The Company also understands that it has an obligation to appropriately use and protect such information.
For this reason, the Company is committed to the proper protection of personal information and to continuing to take all steps required to ensure appropriate handling and security.
The Company regards the protection of personal information as critical to its business and has consequently established "Policies for Personal Information Protection" below.
Policies for Personal Information Protection
- The Company will comply with laws and regulations, government guidelines and other standards relating to the protection of personal information.
- The Company will establish a management system which comply with "Personal Information Protection Management Systems – Requirements (JIS Q 15001)" and will comply with the system and strictly manage the collection, use and provision of personal information.
- Should the Company acquire any personal information from customers for the purpose of providing Internet services, the Company shall provide individual customers with an appropriate point of contact and shall acquire personal information within the extent appropriate after obtaining consent.
- The Company will take steps to prevent personal information from being subject to unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, leakage and other misuse, and should such events occur, take corrective action.
- The Company will respond in good faith to inquiries and requests, including requests for disclosure, concerning personal information.
- The Company will continue to strengthen its management structure and refine its systems for the protection of personal information.
The Company believes that for users to use its services with peace of mind, it is essential to comply with laws and regulations on the protection of personal information and fully enforce the appropriate collection, use and management of personal information inside the Company.
1. Definition of personal information
1. Definition of personal information
2. Purpose of use
The Company shall use personal information for the following purposes :
- (1) Member management
- (2) Sales (including the conclusion, etc. of an agreement to provide services; this meaning applies below) of products, rights, digital content and services (hereinafter referred to as the "products, etc."
This shall include financial products, etc.) of the Company and third parties
- (3) Running of campaigns, prize planning and questionnaires
- (4) Simplification of work operations such as member registration for the use of services that require member registration
- (5) Notification (including notification via electronic mail) of matters necessary for the operation of this website）
- (6) Advertisement and sales solicitation (including those via electronic mail) of the products, etc. of the Company and third parties
- (7) Transmission of e-mail magazines
- (8) Packing and shipping operations of the products, etc.
- (9) Billing calculation and billing
- (10) Provision of services such as points, coupons and mileage (hereinafter referred to as "points, etc.")
- (11) Posting of submitted information
- (12) Inquiries and after-sales services
- (13) Research and analysis of marketing data and development of new services
- (14) Preparation of statistical data
- (15) Execution of operations when the Company handles personal information under contract for another business entity, etc.
- (16) Enforcement of rights and the performance of obligations based on contracts and laws, etc.
- (17) Recruitment
- (18) Consideration of business alliance
3. Management of personal information
The Company appoints a Personal Information Administration Manager to the division responsible for managing personal information, and that division shall facilitate and supervise activities to protect personal information through the appropriate management of such information.
Customer Support Center of tenso, inc.
E-mail ： email@example.com
4. Provision of personal information
The Company takes appropriate steps to protect personal information and shall not disclose nor provide it to a third party in a form that allows an individual to be identified without the consent of that individual, except where allowed by the Personal Information Protection Law, and other laws and regulations.
5. Shared use of personal information
The Company may use the personal information described in Article 1 jointly with its parent company, subsidiaries and equity-method affiliates, those affiliates as defined in the Securities and Exchange Law (hereinafter referred to as the "affiliates"), as well as subsidiaries and affiliates of the parent company (hereinafter collectively referred to as "the Group") (*) for the purposes of use stipulated in Article 2. Companies specified as the Group shall be renewed from time to time.
The administration manager of the shared use of personal information shall be as set out in Article 3.
* The associated company with whom we share your personal infromation and its purpose.
- (1) Affiliated Companies
- Our associated medium enterprice may provide our service via paper medium, the television, the radio, or the Internet etc. Based on the Article 2, we may share your personal information with them.
- (2) Associated point service enterprise
- Individual information is shared with our company and associted point service enterprise to provide the service of the point.
When personal information is provided through this website, it is encrypted using the industry standard encryption method called SSL ( Secure Sockets Layer ) to protect it from unauthorized access of a third party.
The Company shall provide security by using SSL encrypted communication to protect personal information when the Company deems it necessary to do so.
The Company also places strict controls on personal information based on the management standard it has predetermined and takes steps to prevent access to and the loss, destruction, alteration, leakage and infection of personal information by establishing a firewall, developing antivirus measures, and taking other action.
This website uses the technology known as cookies.
Cookies are a system for allowing a communications device used by a customer to temporarily retain certain information as data and identify the customer based on the data whenever the customer revisits the website.
The Company provides services on the premise that cookies are used.
Users of this website can use their browsers to choose whether or not to allow cookies.
The Company asks customers to check their browser settings as necessary.
The Company also places advertisements via 3rd party distribution services such as Google.
Users of this website can choose to opt out of Google advertisements by visiting the applicable Google page and turning off cookies, or choose to opt out of advertisements via 3rd party distribution services by visiting Network Advertising Initiative and turning off cookies.
8. Information provision or linked websites and services
The Company is not responsible for the use of personal information that is collected independently at websites linked from this website, such as websites and services of third parties that can be accessed through this website.
The Company accepts no liability or responsibility for the independent provisions and activities of these websites or companies.
9. Disclosure, revision and deletion of personal information
The Company shall respond to requests for the disclosure, revision, addition, deletion, discontinuation of use, elimination, cessation of provision to third parties and notification of purposes of use of personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
If the request does not meet the requirements stipulated by the Personal Information Protection Law and the JISQ15001, the Company may be unable to respond to the request.
10. Method of accepting a request for the disclosure of personal information
When making a request for the disclosure, revision, addition, deletion, discontinuation of use, elimination, or cessation of provision to third parties of personal information, please complete the specified request form in accordance with procedures separately set out by the Company and send it by mail to the Personal Information Customer Consultation Service of the Company together with identity documents.
In the event of a request for disclosure, please enclose the predetermined fee and postage.
- Personal Information Customer Consultation Service, tenso, inc.
Gotenyama Trust Tower 6F, 4-7-35 Kita-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-0001
11. Method of accepting request for notification of purposes of use of personal information
To request notification of the purposes of use of personal information, please make a request to the Personal Information Customer Consultation Service of the Company.